Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Joy of Juicing!



Carrot Juice--Yum!!!
      I love watching health documentaries, it is one of my many strange quarks.  I have seen quite a few documentaries that recommend eating mostly plant based, raw foods (Food Matters is an awesome one!). So over the past 2 years I have been weening myself off of all things meat, soda, and fast food, and eating mostly all natural foods, tons of whole grains, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies as well.  Even so, my diet overall, is still not where it should be.  I eat way too many carbohydrates, I mean talk about starchy and sugary foods.  I am looking to be a lot healthier, and of course a bit slimmer too.

      So I made a plan.  I decided after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead that it was time to take drastic measures.  First I bought a power juicer and Vitamineral Green (an extremely good-for-you green powder) online, then I bought just about the whole produce section of the grocery store.  I juiced everything I bought, and created three different juices; one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I am going on a month long juice fast, to see where it takes me.

   Juicing is a great way to add in lots of nutrients to the body, with minimal effort. It is so incredibly healthy that everyone should make it apart of their daily routine.  Moreover, it is an excellent way to make your whole family healthier.

      I am not suggesting that everyone do what I am planning. I am taking juicing to the extreme, and fasting is definitely not for everyone. But adding even one fresh juice a day will do nothing but good for the body.  I hope to make it through the thirty days of fasting, and I also hope the cravings for bread wont be too bad...wish me luck, I am going to need it!     

4 comments:

  1. healthy eating live longer that is what i believe. ur topic is great keep up.. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds pretty crazy. I hope you make it through and get what you want out of it.

    What are you going to do after its over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, although it is only day 5!

    I am going to be super healthy when it's over! And I'm planning on keeping up with a very healthy lifestyle. But I must say on hot days like this I really could go for some ice cream :D

    ReplyDelete