Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sliver Bells and Cockle Shells

       Welcome to early April! Here in Oregon it has been pouring buckets day in and day out.  I must say, there is something simply enchanting about the way rain drops sound as they pitter-patter outside; especially when you are cozy inside.  I love watching the rain, listening to it, the clean earthy scent of it. I love the way it replenishes and refreshes the world anew.  I suppose it's a good thing I am an Oregonian!

        This spring I have decided (for the first time), to seriously plant a vegetable garden. The rainy season does wonders for the home gardener, so what a perfect month to start!  A few weeks ago, with the help of Jacob, I started all my seeds, and amazingly (to our surprise) they grew!  In the next few days into the ground they will all go, and hopefully in a few months time we will have a bountiful array of garden edibles to enjoy all season long.

Sprouts!
       There are so many benefits to gardening, and I encourage everyone to give it a try.  Even if it's just one small potted plant in your bedroom, I feel gardening improves the mind and spirit naturally. It is so nice to take care of something, watch it grow, and have satisfaction when it succeeds.  It is also especially rewarding when your efforts result in a source of fresh, healthy produce, or pretty flowers.  Gardening can ease stress, keep you limber, and even improve your mood.  Get back to nature this spring, and try planting a garden of your own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment