Thursday, June 16, 2011

Movie Magic

Movie nights should be more special.  I feel like for many people, movie watching has become mundane, the norm, the usual.  Movie nights should be something to get excited over.  Movie time should be shared with the ones you love, and that time is something to be cherished.

To make movie nights less drab, and more fab, (pardon the lingo :D ) I have come up with a few suggestions.
  • First, start by watching less T.V. and find other things to do with your time. This makes it so the act of actually watching a television becomes more of a rarity, and more of a special occasion. 
  • When you do pick a movie, make sure it is one that you have been dying to see.  
  • Set the mood for a good time, set out individual blankets and squashy pillows, take into account the room lighting, and remember the snacks!  
  • The snacks don't have to be the traditional movie treats either, you can also put together a healthier variety.  Like dried fruit, or frozen fruit, or raw nuts, carrot sticks, sugar snap peas, or make smoothies. Frozen peaches, non-fat Greek yogurt, milk, ice and honey, blended together, makes for a great smoothie!   Make homemade popcorn, not from a bag, not in an air popper (air popping is fine, but it doesn't feel very special to me when I make it.), make it on the stove, in a pot, with real oil (I like mine with olive oil!), high quality kernels, and salt of course!  It is a much more natural way to make popcorn anyway (opposed to the store bought bagged popcorn), and it tastes incredible.  I also like making kettle corn on the stove, I just heat brown, or regular sugar with the oil and dissolve; I then add the salt, and kernels. There are many ways to make homemade popcorn, just find the way that's right for you.

I feel the same way about T.V. shows as I do with movies.  I think that they have become too common; but when a person and a group of their friends, or their family, can find a show that they all love, it can turn into something really fun.  A tradition of sorts.  It becomes a special event, and makes life a bit more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment